1. What professional organizations does Incredible Renovations belong to? We belong to several local, state and national associations. For example; (GHBA) Greater Houston Builders Association, (TAB) Texas Association of Builders, National Association of Builders, (NAHB) National Association of Home Builders, (TRCC) Texas Residential Construction Commission, Texas Board of Professional Engineers, Texas Board of Professional Engineers, (BBB) Better Business Bureau.
2. Do I need to pay any money in advance to begin my remodeling project? Yes. Depending on the size and nature of the project; we typically require 15-25% of the total project to be paid at the signing of the contract. Why? This money is used to mobilize, purchase materials and schedule the trade partners. The balance due is normally staged based on construction progress.
3. Who pays for all permits required for a remodeling project? The cost of the permits in included in the contract price. Therefore Incredible Renovations pays for the permits related to the job.
4. Are permits really necessary for my project? In most cases Yes. Normally permits means a third party is reviewing the plans and inspecting the work and that will provide you piece of mind that your project is being performed safely and up to proper codes.
5. What can cause delays on my project? Unfortunately, delays can happen. Delays are normally caused by special ordered items or items not in stock. Also, changes of the original design and change orders made by the home owner can cause delays.
6. Why should I do remodeling in my home? A home is a major investment, and it is also one of the few investments that does not trigger tax on equity accumulated. That is why the need to protect your investment and increase its value. Several upgrades such as kitchens and baths or replacing laminate countertops to granite countertops can increase the resale value of your home.
7. Can we stay in our home during the remodeling process? Yes. Most of our customers stay at home during a remodeling process. We try not to disturb your family and your normal day to day activities.
8. How long have you been in business? Incredible Renovations, LLC is a division of Descon Homes., LLC, a custom home builder. Descon was established in June of 1979.
9. Are you licensed and Insured? Yes. Incredible Renovations is licensed with the state of Texas and carries Liability insurance.
10. Does the remodeler require that changes be in writing to eliminate misunderstanding and unexpected cost? Yes, this would eliminate surprises at the end of your project and allow you to make sound financial decisions. For example, upgrades or major changes along the way.
11. Is the remodeling contractor certified by GMB or CGR? Yes. On our senior staff we have a Graduate Master Builder, a Certified Graduate Remodeler. Incredible Renovations is probably the ONLY remodeler in Texas that has an experienced professional engineer certified by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers thus having the combination of GMB, CGR and PE.
12. Does the remodeling contractor offer warranty on all workmanship? Yes. We offer 1 year warranty on all work, 2 year warranty on major equipment and systems and 10 years on structural.
13. Will my project be assigned a supervisor or contact person? Yes. You will meet your supervisor prior to any work being started.
14. Can we be provided with references? Yes. Please call us for references in your area or view the testimonials on our website : Click Here <http://advancedimprovementsllc.com/testimonials/>
15. Will a job site communication board be provided? Yes. This is necessary to check daily for any questions or concerns that you may have thought of 24/7.
16. Will the contractor provide a contract that clearly states what they will do, how much it will cost and a completion date? Yes, Incredible Renovations is one of only a handful of remodelers that guarantees in writing a scheduled completion date or we pay fines for everyday we are late in completing your project.
17. Where is Incredible Renovations located? Incredible Renovations office is located in the West Galleria area at 2909 Hillcroft Ave, Suite 560, Houston, TX 77057. Our phone number is 713-532-2526.
18. What’s the difference between an estimate and a price? An “Estimate” is just that “an Estimate”. It can and most likely will change depending on what changes you may make after the initial visit. A “Price” is generally fixed (depending on your written agreement) and usually is based on more detailed information taken from the site visit and/or drawings.
19. Will I be able to select the actual products for my project? Yes. You will select all specialty products like doors, hardware, trim, windows, siding, plumbing and electrical fixtures, flooring and paint colors with our guidance. These are normally chosen to closely match the existing items in your home or specific design tastes.
20. Can I schedule an appointment for after hours? Yes, but in most cases we try to schedule appointments during normal business hours.